Can DFly handle ...

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Apr 17 08:49:43 PDT 2006

:Well, I was called again. ;-)
:the libthread_xu is WIP, there is nothing to do in userland now, but
:a simple test for DISK I/O already beats libc_r too much. ;-)
:
:the work is kernel, just a few days ago, I started working on kernel LWP,
:I am still studying the DragonFlyBSD's sleep queue and job control code,
:it is different than FBSD, it just takes some time to make me figure it
:out. I have an initial patch available under my home directory on leaf@,
:it is still a single LWP patch, but some informations are moved into
:per-LWP, mostly signal code.
:
:Matt, can you look the kernel select() code, it seems it still only know
:process not thread.
:
:Regards,
:David Xu

    The lwp stuff is still only half formed, so for all intents and purposes
    a process is all there is at the moment.   select() (and related calls),
    and a ton of other stuff in the kernel needs to be changed from
    process-centric to lwp-centric before the actual structures can be moved
    from the process to the lwp.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>