WLAN doesn't work

Thomas Schlesinger schlesinger at netcologne.de
Thu Apr 13 08:54:02 PDT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 13. April 2006 00:14 schrieb Thomas Schlesinger:

<snip>

> I've found out something strange meanwhile: I get only a connection, when I
> disable encryption *and* enable the transmission of the SSID. I'll
> investigate it further tomorrow, now it's heavy time to sleep ;-)
>
> Thank you for your help so far.
>
> Thomas

I've continued testing with the same result. I need to enable SSID Broadcast
and disable WEP (I've tried both, 40/64 and 104/128 bit keys).

Do I need to load an additional kernel module for wep, similar to ieee80211 in
Linux?

And a second question: does anybody here use an ipw2200 with a disabled SSID
Broadcast successfully?

Thomas