ICH7 ?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Apr 5 10:08:20 PDT 2006

:
:On 4/5/06, David Xu <bsddiy at xxxxxxx> wrote:
:...
:> Yes, it is Intel 945, and dual-core Pentium-D, the
:> HDD is SATA disk, and supports NCQ, is this the problem ?
:
:I never investigated whether this was a problem with the ICH7 or the
:NCQ. I'll see if I can borrow a SATA-I drive (i.e. no NCQ support)
:today and try installing 1.4 to it. The other thing to do is port the
:ATA changes from FBSD 6 over to 1.5 to get support for AHCI which
:should also help out. Maybe I'll take a look into that as well.
:
:---chuck

   I did commit some PCI ID's for ICH7/ICH7M on March 28'th, so it may
   be worth trying HEAD.

   One note:  If using an ISO burned from HEAD you have to login as root
   and do 'ln -s a /etc/malloc.conf' to disable amlloc's fatal error
   reporting until a dup free in the installer can be fixed.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>