80211 patch1

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 18:39:07 PDT 2006

On 4/16/06, Thomas Schlesinger <schlesinger at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 16. April 2006 13:00 schrieb Sepherosa Ziehau:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have managed to port fbsd6's net80211, based on patch sumbitted by
> > Andrew Atrens and Adrian Michael Nida
> >
> > Please try following patch:
> > http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/802_11.diff1
> >

> Sepherosa,
>
> I want to give you a first feedback. I've tried your patch on my notebook with
> ipw2200 adapter. When I try to configure my adapter or try to bring it up
> with "ifconfig iwi0 up", I get a panic:
>
> panic: td_pri i/would-go negative! 0xd6796e00 -22
>
> iwi_load_firmware is mentioned in the trace, so it may not work with the
> ipw2200 firmware, at least with version 2.3.
>
> Thomas

My fault, missing a crit_enter(), please change
sys/dev/netif/iwi/if_iwi.c
iwi_load_firmware()
near these lines:
. ...
	CSR_WRITE_4(sc, IWI_CSR_CTL, tmp | IWI_CTL_ALLOW_STANDBY);

	/* wait at most one second for firmware initialization to complete */
        crit_enter(); <========= add me
 	tsleep_interlock(IWI_FW_INITIALIZED(sc));
 	lwkt_serialize_exit(ifp->if_serializer);
. ...

And give it a try again, thanks

Best Regards,
sephe