Newbie-question: Ports and Packages

Thomas Schlesinger schlesinger at netcologne.de
Sun Apr 2 13:45:20 PDT 2006

Am Sonntag, 2. April 2006 19:29 schrieb Justin C. Sherrill:

<snip>
> I've installed DragonFlyBSD successfully, but I'm not able to install
> software
> with pkg_add. I've tried out to build the lsof-packages, following the
> Handbook
> (http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~justin/handbook/packages-using.html).

The Handbook is out of date; we're using pkgsrc (pkgsrc.org) now. Early
releases of DragonFly used FreeBSD ports, but it worked less and less well
over time as FreeBSD and DragonFly diverged paths.

<snip>

Justin,

thank you for your help,

it would be very nice, if the documentation would be upgraded before the next
one tapping into this trap ;-)

Thomas