installing DFly over third partition

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Thu Apr 13 15:33:47 PDT 2006

On 2006-04-13 19:36, Saverio Iacovelli wrote:
Severino,

you can used fdisk as usual. Make a partition for
DragonFly, then boot from
the DragonFly CD. There's an option to use a part of
a harddisk for the
installation. DFLY makes his slices then in the
selected partition.

I use grub here as a boot manager, tri-booting
Linux, GNU/Hurd and DFly
without problems (that means, I didn't let the DFly
installation set up its
own boot manager).

Thomas

I readed the fdisk's man page, but I not found the
response. I want choose the size in MB (or in GB) with
fdisk.
Fdisk (in DragonFly) have this feature?
If I remember correctly you can not use the DragonFly fdisk to create
the partition (or I just didn't know how to use it) but if you boot into
Linux and use fdisk there it should work just as fine.

Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure