rc variables (Re: cups)

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Mon Apr 10 08:41:54 PDT 2006

joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 06:09:40PM -0500, Ezra Drummond wrote:

Hi all,
 How do i start cupsd at boot time, i'm using pkgsrc. With dfports i
would just rename cups.sh.sample to cups.sh and make it executable. I did
try cupsd_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf but it didn't work.

Try "cupsd=YES" instead :-)
I think we should modify our scripts so that foo=yes and foo_enable=yes
mean the same.

Then we can phase out foo_enable at a later point in time.

The way it is now (pkgsrc stuff without _enable, base stuff with
_enable) is only confusing.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx