TV in DragonFly

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Sat Apr 15 19:08:14 PDT 2006

Ive decided to try my tv card in DragonFly. I modified the kernel, and
compiled all the necessary options according to the guide.

# TV Card support
device          bktr
device          smbus
device          iicbus
device          iicbb

on the next reboot i can see this in dmesg:

bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xdb127000-0xdb127fff at device 12.0 on pci0
pci_cfgintr: 0:12 INTA routed to irq 11
bktr0: Leadtek Winfast TV 2000, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner.

But i cannot see either iicbb or the others being loaded.

Then I did cd /dev/; sh MAKEDEV bktr0

After this i started fxtv and once i do that the whole gui becomes totally
unresponsive, but doesnt crash. Same happens when i try mplayer.

What to do?