Development tree updated to 1.5.3, Preview tag slipped, RELEASE update next week

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Apr 14 14:22:54 PDT 2006

    The development tree has been bumped from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3 and the
    preview tag has been slipped.  Enough stabilization has occured to
    warrent the slipping of the Preview tag, and wider testing is now needed.

    Please note that while many subsystems have been tested with the
    64 bit byte offset conversion, VINUM has *NOT*.

    At least half a dozen bug fixes will be MFC'd to the -RELEASE branch
    over the weekend.  The -RELEASE sub-version will be bumped from 1.4.3
    to 1.4.4 next week to accomodate the work.  I also hope to MFC the
    installer fixups so it at least does not seg-fault any more for -RELEASE
    ISOs.  After some discussion, Joerg and I have concluded that an updated
    'official' RELEASE iso is in order for 1.4.4.  This will probably happen
    in the middle of next week.