Switching to GCC4.0

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Thu Sep 8 05:50:07 PDT 2005

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
I'm following the directions from Joerg's post that made it's way to the
Digest in June.  I'm building gcc4 and installing it.
To make it the default CC, all I need to do is set CCVER in /etc/make.conf,
correct?  And that will work throughout the system, kernel, world, and user
binaries, right?
you will have to build gcc40 first.  put WANT_GCC40=yes into make.conf
and run a build+installworld.

cheers
  simon
Work - Mac      +++  space for low $$$ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /