New project machines on order.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Sep 6 09:23:02 PDT 2005

:
:Erik P. Skaalerud wrote:
:> Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>>     I decided to try out the 'ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe' MB...
:
:> Those mainboards perform very well and are generally stable...
:
:I recall that the linux people had lots of problems with the
:early NForce chipsets -- because of the closed-source design,
:I guess.  Any idea if the NForce4 chipset is used to its full
:potential in the BSD's?

    With all the NForce chipsets, in fact, because NVidia doesn't seem
    to be very open-source friendly people.  I'm sure there are things
    that won't work, but since it's a server and I'm going to be
    throwing in a 3ware card the only thing I would really like to see
    working, to avoid having to throw in another card, is the on-board
    GiGE.

    In anycase, I'll give everyone a full report once I've had a chance
    to play with it.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>