/usr/pkg/{bin,sbin} - where in $PATH ?

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Tue Sep 6 03:50:42 PDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:12:02AM +0300, Yiorgos Adamopoulos wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Where do you place in your $PATH /usr/pkg/{bin,sbin} ?  First? Last?r
> Do the pkg_* utils from pkgsrc interract safely with the ones from FreeBSD's
> ports (which I assume are the ones in /usr/sbin/) ?

I'll start cleaning the default configurations up a bit over the next
week. I'll also add some missing path for the various tools.

In generally, you want to use NO_PKGTOOLS and just remove the old pkg_*
utils from /usr/sbin.  The path entries should be after the system
supplied one and either before or after /usr/local. E.g.
/usr/pkg/sbin:/usr/pkg/bin:/usr/pkg/xorg/bin.

Joerg