New project machines on order.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Sep 5 10:17:23 PDT 2005

:
:Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:>     After spending all day researching it I've finally ordered the
:>     parts to build two new machines.  I couldn't justify the cost
:>     of an opteron dual-core based MP box so I decided to go with
:>     Athlon 64 X2 based boxes built from parts.
:
:Out of curiosity, what motherboard did you choose,
:and what chipset does it have?
:
:I expect this board to be well supported, in 64-bit mode,
:before too long? :)
:
:/Jonas Sundström.              www.kirilla.com

    I decided to try out the 'ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe' MB.  I don't particularly
    need most of the junk on the motherboard, but we'll see how well it
    works.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>