No version tags on Preview?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sun Sep 4 16:18:53 PDT 2005

Dave Hayes wrote:

Walt writes:
That's very strange.  I see a total of 13 entries in the
'tags' dropdown menu, including Dragonfly_Preview, of course.

...What I meant was that I found no tags of the
form "DragonFly_Preview_<version>". Hence when I go to cvsup the
sources, I can't get exactly those sources that built the preview
CD...
I follow HEAD, and I have no experience installing from CD -- so
beware ;o)
I find HEAD to be very stable at the moment.  I dunno what your
plans are for DragonFly, but I can say that HEAD may be the most
stable tag available because of all the bugfixes that have been
committed in the last two weeks or so.
If you choose to update to HEAD, I would advise you to make sure
to do a 'make buildworld' followed by 'make kernel' and then
reboot *before* doing a 'make installworld' -- because of recent
ABI changes.  (Otherwise your 'installworld' may quit halfway
through.)
Any contrary opinions?