no system rules

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sun Sep 4 10:12:42 PDT 2005

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Pieter Dumon wrote:

> Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 11:10:00 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Pieter Dumon <pdumon at xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Newsgroups: dragonfly.users
> Subject: no system rules
>

> I was using 1.3.4preview with pkgsrc. "everything" worked fine.
> today I cvsup-ed /usr/src to the latest (1.3.5) preview and now bmake in any
> pkgsrc package dir gives me
> bmake: no system rules (sys.mk)

My guess is that bmake can't find your mk.conf.

/usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/bootstrap --help  will show you all the options
about where to put things.  I use /usr/pkg/etc for <sysconfdir> so
that's where I put mk.conf.

And you should definitely apply this patch before you run bootstrap
again because bmake has a bug:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~joerg/pkgsrc/bmake.diff