Linux Emulation in the Future

John Duncan agley at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 2 23:44:00 PDT 2005

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 11:24:29PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 07:13:51AM +1000, John Duncan wrote:

  Even then I would have to find out how to put elf notes for DragonFly
  in it I suppose.

Oh, no. That's an misunderstanding :-) You have to generate *Linux* elf
notes, to allow the linux emulator to decide it is needed.

Sorry, after reading it once more. You just need to use the normal crt*
from DragonFly in that case to generate native binaries. It might
actually be enough to just compile gnu/usr.bin/cc34 and
gnu/usr.bin/binutils215 under Linux.
Joerg

Hi Joerg,
               Sorry to cc you but I am still rebuilding my
applications from pkgsrc on DragonFly and don't know this mail program
well. Just to give you an idea here is the main system definitions file
used for building this thing on Linux. When I find out what is wrong
here for DragonFly I will have a start ( they have changed the ansi C
float thing)

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/src/master/S.pcunix/src/syscomp/sysdefs.p

               I am not asking for help, this is probably not of
interest to anyone else.

                                                        All the best,
                                                             John Duncan