Dfly install CD Stable v1.2.0 and 1.2.5 hang, but Preview v1.3.6 ok

Philip Jensen phil_jensen at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 18:42:45 PDT 2005

I have just been trying out Dfly again after having briefly played with
v1.0a a while ago.

After successfully booting the install CD for v1.2.0 (and v1.2.5) to a
login prompt the machine hangs.  Sometimes I have been able to log in,
others it just hangs.  I have tried the "Default" boot, "no ACPI" and
"Safe mode", but all options seem to hang.

However when I tried the Install CD Preview v1.3.6 it all seemed to work
fine, and when I wrote a simple shell while loop counter to test
processing, it ran without a problem.

I did notice when I managed to log in to the v1.2.5 Install CD prompt, I
tried running the apm command, which subsequently dropped to a ddb>
prompt.  On v1.3.5 running apm provides useful apm information.

Is this my lack of knowledge of Dfly?  Are there stability problems when
it is actually installed?

Any ideas appreciated?