FYI: df on virtual server 2005 (again) newfs error

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 6 01:29:15 PDT 2005

Tomaž Borštnar wrote:
<cut>
ACPI stuff perhaps? I was trying to run preview under VMWare ESX and it
failed when dealing with SCSI devices. FreeBSD 5.x also failed in the
same way. Yesterday I was told that turning off ACPI is the way to go
with ESX for FreeBSD 5.x and thus probably also for DragonFly. Under GSX
server it works fine. FreeBSD needs option to specify TSC for clock
source or you get lots of calcru notices.

Tomaz
Nope I booted also with acpi disabled, that doesn't make any differents.

--
mph