No version tags on Preview?

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Sun Sep 4 17:31:31 PDT 2005

wa1ter  <walt> writes:
> I follow HEAD,

I just supped to Dragonfly_Preview. What's the difference?

# uname -sv
DragonFly DragonFly 1.3.5-PREVIEW #0: Sun Sep  4 15:35:14 PDT 2005

> I find HEAD to be very stable at the moment.  I dunno what your
> plans are for DragonFly, but I can say that HEAD may be the most
> stable tag available because of all the bugfixes that have been
> committed in the last two weeks or so.

For the record, I've tried FreeBSD 5.4, FreeBSD 6.0-BETA-2, NetBSD
2.0.2, and OpenBSD 3.7. DragonFly is the only OS to successfully
complete a bootstrap, fdisk, disklabel, and vinum init of a multi-disk
raid-5 partition...on this hardware...without crashing.

It might be this hardware, and I may wind up being wrong, but at the
current time the choice looks very clear to me. :)
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at xxxxxxxxxxx

To an ant, a drizzle is torrential rain.