Authentication question

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue Sep 27 14:21:32 PDT 2005

This shouldn't be a hard question, but I can't figure it out on my own.

I'm using cdbkup on a FreeBSD box to backup my DragonFly laptop to CDROM.
cdbkup, of course, wants to be root.  It tries to ssh to the laptop, and I say
'yes' to accept the ssh fingerprint.  Then it asks for the password to
root at laptop.  I try both my root and user password, but neither works.

I wonder if the ssh forwarding needs to be enabled, but I'm not sure.

jcm
--
If you cannot do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.