pkgsrc binaries for Preview

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Sep 16 11:08:05 PDT 2005

:Erik P. Skaalerud wrote:
:> Let me know if this could be used for package builds. I'm not in
:> disposal of endless bandwith, so this would only be for build purposes.
:>
:
:I think we have the build part of the packages sorted out; tell you what,
:it would be good if you can setup Peter Holm's stress test suite on the
:MP-capable machine.
:
:By doing that and buildworld -j8 loops of DragonFly RELEASE or HEAD, any
:reports of panics or "weird issues" can help us in stabilising the code
:since that is our top priority.
:
:The recent token and serializer related bugs have told me that we need go
:that extra mile to stablize some parts of the OS.
:
:It would be highly appreciated if you could achieve the above, atleast by
:Matt, and I for sure.
:
:			Hiten Pandya
:			hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    buildworld loops are no longer sufficient tests... at this point they
    just work (run forever).  The type of stress testing we need now is
    something more along the lines of what Tomaz was doing... killing the
    filesystem and network at the same time, intentionally running the system
    out of resources with thousands of processes, etc.

    so, e.g. a test suite which runs buildworlds, filesystem stress tests,
    nfs stress tests, and client/server network stress tests all at the
    same time and all using generous resources to force paging to occur.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>