New project machines on order.

Erik P. Skaalerud erik at pentadon.com
Tue Sep 6 02:30:16 PDT 2005

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I decided to try out the 'ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe' MB.  I don't particularly
    need most of the junk on the motherboard, but we'll see how well it
    works.
Those mainboards perform very well and are generally stable. The only
problem with them is the chipset fan. It runs at ~8000rpm and the
bearings stop working after a month or so (in all the cases I've seen).

You should really keep an eye on that fan. If it starts to fubar, just
replace it with some kind of 3rd-party heatsink and fan.

- Erik