metamail on pkgsrc - patch

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Sep 2 12:35:23 PDT 2005

On 2 Sep 2005, justin wrote:

There's already several lists: pkgsrc-bugs, pkgsrc-bulk, pkgsrc-changes,
and tech-pkg.  Having an OS-specific list would be good for us as
DragonFly users, but it would add another list for the package
maintainers to watch.  Given the number of platforms supported, that
could be a lot of mailing lists...
Also there are a few pkgsrc-related lists at pkgsrc-wip project.

And there is pkgsrc security list to help coordinate security fixes for
pkgsrc. And a non-technical packages list for committers only with very
little discussion.

We probably ought to talk directly on one of the pkgsrc lists.
Otherwise, we're going to be ferrying concerns to one of our local lists
and then back over, and that's just messy.
Yes, please use tech-pkg. It may be a waste of time to discuss same issue
twice.

Also, you can send patches via send-pr (to NetBSD's gnats for "pkg"). Or
in many cases, you can email the maintainers directly -- be polite and ask
them where they would prefer discussion or patches submitted.

Do not email pkgsrc-bugs to report bugs. It is for messages from GNATS and
related to existing pkgsrc PRs.

Do not email pkgsrc-changes; they are CVS commit messages.

pkgsrc-bulk is for sharing the reports from using the pkgsrc/mk/bulk
framework. It also has a little mk/bulk related discussion.

Steve: your patch is committed. Thanks!

 Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. Anyone know the metamail code? Anyone interested in checking all
Debian, SuSE, Red Hat, FreeBSD, pkgsrc, et cetera, patches for old mm2.7
to make a metamail3 release? Please let me know.