ld looking for libc.so.1

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Mon Oct 17 16:08:05 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have an assembly object code file that I link '-shared' into a .so file,
then copy that to a lib directory in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Then an equally
simple assembly binary is to call a function in the library.  It is linked
with the shared object.  On FreeBSD this works correctly.  On DFly, executing
the binary gives me 'libc.so.1 not found.'

Obviously this is a way old libc.  Any idea what is going on here?  There is
no reference to *any* libc functions in either binary or library.

jm
--
'What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
What the hell is a gander, anyway?' - George Costanza