pebkac routing problem

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Thu Oct 6 12:59:45 PDT 2005

On 2005-10-06 21:40, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
My conclusion where that the package always return via the default
gateway and thus get blocked by the next hop gateway which (reasonable)
blocks routing for foreign IP's.

My question is, how can I configure my BSD box, that a IP package is
always returned to the gateway it came from when?
Not sure if it's the best way of doing things, but you might be
interested in the reply-to option of PF, from the man-page:

"It can be used on systems with multiple external connections to
route all outgoing packets of a connection through the interface
the incoming connection arrived through (symmetric routing
enforcement)."
--
Erik Wikström