rl0: watchdog timeout

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Fri Oct 7 05:49:39 PDT 2005

Op vrijdag 07 oktober 2005 13:59, schreef Sepherosa Ziehau:
> On 10/7/05, Emiel Kollof <coolvibe at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since I moved a box up to HEAD, I've been seeing lots of these in my
> > dmesg:
> >
> > rl0: watchdog timeout
>
> It is OK for rl(4), you can just ignore it.
> Actually rl(4) on HEAD or Preview is better than its counterpart on
> Release.

I do have massive slowdowns with NFS because of it (or because of something
triggered by it). The watchdog message appears, and then performance turns to
shit. Happens on PREVIEW and HEAD. Wasn't happening on RELEASE.

Cheers,
Emiel
--
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
difference between lightning and the lightning bug.