boot failure with acpi...

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Oct 30 09:03:19 PST 2005

:i updated my src tree then recompiled my kernel earlier but after
:rebooting it failed, so what i did was reboot but this time without
:acpi mode just to try and evrything's all ok again. i dont know what
:to do with it so i just want to report it, hope this helps somehow.
:below are the errors that appeared...
:
:Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
:fault virtual address    # 0x10
:fault code                  # supervisor read, page not present
:instruction poiuter       # 0x8:0xc019d4c1
:stack pointer              # 0x10:0xc04cbc78
:frame pointer             # 0x10:0xc04cbc8c
:code segment             # base 0x0: limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
:                                # DPL 0, pres 1,  def32  1 ,  gran 1
:process eflags           # interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
:current process          # 0 (swapper)
:trap number               # 12
:panic: page fault
:
:ps. im using 1.3.7-HEAD in shuttle xpc ss56g system
:
:Kirdy

    Please run 'nm -n /kernel' and extract the addresses both before and
    after 0xc019d4c1, and post that.  If I can't figure it out from that
    I'll probably need more info, like a DDB backtrace.

    Make sure that when you recompiled your kernel, you did a full recompile
    and install of the kernel using the make buildkernel and installkernel
    targets, rather then just 'make' inside the kernel's object tree.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>