editor poll

Timothy H. Legant tim at catseye.net
Sun Oct 30 06:58:44 PST 2005

Jonas Trollvik <jontro at xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks a lot, this made emacs compile and install. However emacs wont
> start and gives me the following error message:
>
> emacs: Cannot open termcap database file
>
> is there a command I need to do to build the termcap or why is it doing this?

<grin>  Yeah.  The `make update' you ran after installing world
screwed your /etc/termcap symlink.  This is now fixed in HEAD (I think
by corecode... you can find a reference in the `commits' newsgroup, if
you care).

In any case, if you check /etc/termcap, you'll see it points to
/misc/termcap, which is wrong.  Remove the link and recreate it
pointing to /usr/share/misc/termcap.

Tim
--
Tim Legant