Questions about pkgsrc migration

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Oct 25 12:39:37 PDT 2005

:Since I didn't feel like rebuilding all my ports after the stat changes in
:PREVIEW, my DFly box has pretty much been frozen as far as ports go.  I'm
:trying to decide when would be a good time to switch to pkgsrc and what would
:be the best way to do so.
:
:Is it best to deinstall everything with portupgrade/pkg_delete and then start
:from scratch?  How complex is the pkgsrc setup at this point?  Has anyone put
:together a document for the migration path?
:
:jm

    It's probably best to start with a clean slate and reinstall everything.
    That's what I decided to do when I upgraded my home server.  It took
    a little longer but the result was a nice clean installation.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>