pkgsrc build for HEAD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Nov 2 15:09:41 PST 2005

:
:On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 01:37:40AM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
:> Hi all,
:> current binaries for pkgsrc (signed sums by me) can be
:> found on:
:> ftp://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de/pkgsrc-current/DragonFly/HEAD/i386/
:> A binary bootstrap kit is provided via:
:> ftp://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de/pkgsrc-current/DragonFly/HEAD/bootstrap/
:
:Two more notes you might stumble across. The packages and the bootstrap
:kit are build for /var/db/pkg as database, so would have to rebuild at
:least pkg_install and the bootstrap kit, if you want to use another
:location. The packages include the automatic user/group creation
:scripts, but there is currently a bug in how they interact with tar for
:some packages e.g. postfix. Postfix has two files with group maildrop,
:which is just to be created. Due to design contraints, this is leave
:files around with the wrong permission. I'm discussing properly fixes
:with Hubert Freyer and the other pkg_install hackers. I'll try to
:prepare a list of packages affected by this in the next days. A
:workaround is installing the package (to get the groups and users),
:deinstall and reinstall it again.
:
:Joerg

    I was under the impression that appropriate variables in
    /etc/mk.conf would fix that.  My /etc/mk.conf has:

# Example /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf file produced by bootstrap-pkgsrc
# Tue Oct 25 12:17:48 PDT 2005

. ifdef BSD_PKG_MK       # begin pkgsrc settings

PKG_DBDIR=/var/db/pkgsrc
LOCALBASE=/usr/pkg
VARBASE=/var
FETCH_CMD=/usr/pkg/bin/ftp
PAX=/usr/pkg/bin/pax
X11_TYPE=xorg

. endif                  # end pkgsrc settings

   (taken almost directly from the WIKI).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>