Google's Summer of Code project

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue May 31 19:18:01 PDT 2005

:
:Google appears to be sponsoring a project called Summer of Code
:<http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html> whereby, basically,
:organizations and students get paid to do or help with open-source
:development work. There is a mentor FAQ located at
:<http://code.google.com/mentfaq.html>. As DragonFlyBSD appears to have
:a few projects it could use some help with, I think that this project
:would be a great thing to get involved with. Is there any interest?
:
:Hidden motive: I'm a student who's been looking at contributing to the
:DragonFlyBSD project recently. While I'd do it either way, getting
:paid $4500 to code is a slightly more enjoyable prospect than not
:getting paid $4500 to code.

    This looks really interesting.  I think this is something we
    should do.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>