Dragonfly BSD kernel model

Robert Garrett rgarrett24 at cox.net
Sat May 21 18:50:55 PDT 2005

George Georgalis wrote:

> On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 05:29:08PM +0100, Dragutin Cvetkovic wrote:
>>Personally I find the lack of proper development and design
>>documentation a big pitfall for many of the free/opensource projects.
>
> Didn't you know? There is a party in the pit!
>
> // George

Actually its a mix of the two, kernel proccess's managed by a kernel
scheduler. (light weight kernel threads, scheduled by a thread manager),
that interact by passing msgs around.

while some things may be exported (visible) to userland, they will actually
be dealt with inside the kernel.

so really none of the existing models really applies..
this is my understanding, I am quite sure i'll be corrected if wrong.

Rob