Sugestion: DragonFlyBSD Hackathon?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu May 26 09:46:34 PDT 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:

walt wrote:
Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:

Pfew, that's something for a bigger event, and you lose out on meeting
real persons. Social bonding is a strong plus for keeping a project
together and fueled...

You mean, drinking beer separately is different than drinking beer
together?
Well technically no, but discussing the quality of the code/weather/beer, is
IMHO less pleasant when talking in yourself then with a couple of same minded
people.
Ya, but the idea would be that you would only have a couple of locations,
each with a group of ppl, inter-connected electronically ... so, for
instance, everyone in the EU would converge in Liverpool, everyone in NA
would converge in, I don't know, Chicago??  Then you'd have some from NA
that could afford to fly over to Liverpool, or vice versa, as the wind
takes them ... but, for those that couldn't afford, there would be a
closer local they would go to ...

I wouldn't do more then 3 locations ... maybe Liverpool, one on the
East/West Coast NA ...

----
Email: scrappy at xxxxxxx           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664