Dragonfly BSD kernel model

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Sun May 22 03:41:37 PDT 2005

Robert Garrett wrote:
so really none of the existing models really applies..
this is my understanding, I am quite sure i'll be corrected if wrong.
That's where the term 'hybrid' comes in. Basically, DFly is monolithic
due to it's ancestry, with microkernel features added (the message
passing structure et al). The theory is, the current kernel could be
split up into independent userspace servers pretty easily because the
way they communicate is transparent: the message passing interface.

Cheers,
		-- Thomas E. Spanjaard
		   tgen at xxxxxxxxxxxxx