HEADS UP: recent world troubles

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon May 9 10:14:33 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 10:10:56AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Right now we have a problem.  Any 1.2 binary that tries to use locale
>     will break.  If you can come up with a solution that makes those binaries
>     work without requiring people to set some magic environment variable
>     then fine.  If not, then move the location of the citrus locale files.

Let me put it the other way. Do you want to move the location of the locale
files everytime we change the format to please statically linked binaries?
For the dynamically linked programs it's not a program, we can do that
just by recompiling the lib with a different path. We can even build
a default compat path into the current libc, but that won't help old
static binaries.

Joerg