HEADS UP: recent world troubles

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon May 9 10:11:36 PDT 2005

:On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 10:00:54AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     You have to move the location of the locale files, it's as simple as
:>     that.  We should have done it right off the bat.  Just move them.
:>     I don't care what other OS's use for the 'standard' place.  Only the
:>     citrus code actually uses those files and we control the code so...
:
:This has nothing to do with the locale files. Matt, if we want to move
:something for compatibility reason, it should be the location in the
:compat code. I do care about the location, POLA.
:
:Redefining it for the compat libs is easy, for static binaries it can
:be done via environment.
:
:Joerg

    The point is that it should just work WITHOUT requiring people to
    take extra steps.

    Right now we have a problem.  Any 1.2 binary that tries to use locale
    will break.  If you can come up with a solution that makes those binaries
    work without requiring people to set some magic environment variable
    then fine.  If not, then move the location of the citrus locale files.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>