pkgsrc users

Adrian Nida nida at musc.edu
Thu May 26 06:06:45 PDT 2005

Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
<Snip/>
Are you using pkgsrc? If yes, are you subscribed to gobsd at xxxxxxxxx?
	No - lack of a portupgrade subsitute puts me off pkgsrc which
I do use on an XP/Interix laptop.
<Snip/>

I know this thread is up for removal, but I wanted to point out that
people who make the assumption there is no portupgrade substitute in
pkgsrc are misinformed.  While it's not as user friendly as portupgrade,
there is an additional utility you can install called pkg_chk that will
preform a similar service.  You can read more about it here:

http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.php/HOWTO/pkgsrc

Adrian