BIND 9.3 in base

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sat May 7 12:47:08 PDT 2005

Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:

Hereby I want to poll whether people find it useful to have BIND 9.3
(9.3.1) in base, as opposed to 9.2.4ish currently there. Major feature
for me being the support for IPv6 transfers, which would help the
resolver as well (do we actually use BIND's resolver? not sure). I
spoke very shortly with Jeroen about this, but I'd like to hear other
opinions as well.

Cheers,
        -- Thomas E. Spanjaard
           tgen at xxxxxxxxxxxxx
p.s.
Yes, I'm a bit of an IPv6 evangelist.

Me too, but perhaps IPv6 it is something more important in Netherlands
(Europe/Azia too?) then in the US?
IMO the reason IPV6 has not been pushed in the U.S. is that Micro$oft
thinks it is not important for their bottom line.  When and if that
time arrives you can bet that the adoption of IPV6 in the U.S. will be
$wift (and expen$ive for M$ cu$tomer$).
No, I'm not cynical -- my wife is entirely wrong about that...