dragonfly pdf documentation

Adrian Nida nida at musc.edu
Wed Mar 30 07:26:54 PST 2005

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 11:57:21PM +1000, Steven Shaw wrote:

Reiserfs and ext3 don't need fsck either though do they? Perhaps you
were running early/unstable versions of either ext3 or reiserfs?

In theory yes. In practise ext3 can destroy directories under certain
circumstance, reiserfs its whole tree. It happened over the years
quite a few times to various people.
Heh,  I really hate admitting this, but I lost an entire disk that was
running ext3.  I'm sure it was something *I* did.  However, when every
single directory and file ends up in /lost+found, it's hard to figure
out what cause it.  Of course, praying to the backup gods only works if
the person responsible for backups has given them a sacrifice.  Arrgh,
that was a bad day.

Adrian
begin:vcard
fn:Adrian Michael Nida
n:Nida;Adrian
org:Medical University of South Carolina;Hypertension Initiative
adr:P.O. Box 250951;;135 Rutledge Street Room 1112;Charleston;SC;29425;United States of America
email;internet:nida at xxxxxxxx
title:Systems Programmer II
tel;work:(843) 792-0831
tel;fax:(843) 792-0816