Epiphany Problem

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Tue Mar 29 18:57:40 PST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, James Frazer wrote:

> I just did a pkg_add -r epiphany

I'm no expert on anything (just ask my wife ;o) but I would
guess that the pre-compiled binary packages are lagging a bit
behind the FreeBSD ports *source* tree.

I routinely compile my ports from source code rather than
installing the pre-compiled binary packages (i.e. I don't
use the -r flag to pkg_add) so I can only offer my guesses.

My guess is that if you compile the epiphany port from
/usr/ports/www/epiphany you will be happy with the result.

Warning:  you most likely will need to compile/install the
entire gnome port because of package dependencies.  This
is very time consuming and a bit of a pain, but I routinely
do it on three different operating systems, just because I
enjoy frustration.  (Why else would I be married?)