Version numbering -- Movable tags

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon Mar 28 11:34:17 PST 2005

At 10:38 AM -0800 3/28/05, Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I have an idea on how to tag the sub-versions... we just tag the
    sub-version in ONE file (the one that specifies the sub-version),
    then have a script which extracts the commit date based on the
    tag in that one file which can then be used in a cvs update -D
    on that branch to retrieve the whole sub-version.  One script
    could hide the whole mess.
    Otherwise we would end up with thousands of tags on every file
    in the source tree.
Ooo.  This is a pretty clever idea.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at xxxxxxxxxxx