NForce 4 support?

Thomas Edward Spanjaard t.e.spanjaard at student.utwente.nl
Sat Mar 26 03:48:58 PST 2005

"Gabriel Ambuehl" <gaml at xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:42442EED.3050300 at xxxxxxxxx
So I'm wondering what
the state on NForce SATA support is these days (and the same on VT8237
for that matter), can I use the pseudo RAID in there?
As it's a software/hardware RAID, I don't believe it's supported. The
controller works for regular non-RAID setups however. I tested DragonFlyBSD
1.1-current of somewhere in february on an Asus A8N-SLI of mine.

I was thinking about this particular board (I'd prefer MSI over Gigabyte
but ALAS, MSI has a Northbridge fan on it):
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Products/Products_GA-K8NF-9.htm#
You can put one of those Zalman chip coolers (ZM-NB47J or something) on the
nForce4 chip (technically, it's not a northbridge anymore because there is
no southbridge :)).

Cheers,
       -- Thomas E. Spanjaard