stable GCC 3.4 configurations

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Tue Mar 22 11:51:09 PST 2005

Andreas Bartelt wrote:

I've refetched the complete DragonFly_Stable sources today, and simply
did "make buildworld && make buildkernel && make installworld && make
installkernel". Building, as always, went without problems, but, the
Your sequence of '&&' seems out-of-order and leaves out a step;

make buildworld
make buildkernel
make installkernel
reboot
Then leaves out other steps I personally have found are
*always* wise -(unless I was *planning* a trip to the data center) ;-)
- 'mergemaster -p' *before* 'make installworld'

May need at least some manual intervention.

- 'and mergemaster -i'   *after* 'make installworld'.

With a good deal of review and decisions, if not edit/merge.

Then another reboot.

'less /usr/src/Makefile',  second or third screen down.

HTH,

Bill