cvs

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Sun Mar 13 14:05:17 PST 2005

Thomas Hunger wrote:
Hi,
I don't know how to access the cvs server with cvs ...
I looked in the wiki, but I only found cvsup-scripts and links.
I tried stuff like:

cvs -d :pserver:<hosts that are said to support cvs on
downloadpage>:/[dragonfly|cvs|cvs-src|some other]

I want to download it to my debian box to run it in qemu to learn more about
the vm inside and follow the patches, but don't have cvsup available.

Does someone know if this is possible?

Thanks
Tom
If your Debian box is equipped to burn an iso image to CD, you can:
use ftp, wget, curses, lynx, a browser - whatever you have handy
-  to grab the iso, burn it to CD.
It is a 'liveCD' as well as an install cd. Prowl around in it. Cvsup is
on it.

If you like what you see, go ahead and find space (or an extra HDD, even
an old one)
and install it. pkg_src -rv {package} is used in much the same way as
Debian apt-get.

DragonFly coexists with Linux dual/multi-boot just fine, and will give
you far
better perfomance, less grief, and lower risk of surprises in your Linux
installation than trying to run it in an(y) emulator.

HTH,

Bill