PS/2 mouse problem

Damilakis ndamilak at studenti.unina.it
Sun Mar 13 12:30:53 PST 2005

>> --edited XF86Config
>> Device "psm0"
>> Protocol "/dev/ps/2"

> No such device as '/dev/ps/2'
> /dev/psm0 or /dev/psm%d

yeah, that was a typo in my email message, I meant Device "/dev/psm0" and
Protocol "ps/2"

Unfortunatly the configuration that you wrote is the exact configuration I had
in my system. (well except of the Emulate3 buttons option which I added now
but with no results.)

> in /etc/rc.conf:

> moused_enable="YES"
> moused_port="/dev/psm0"
> moused_type="auto"

> (/etc/X11/XF86Config - FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE)

> Section "InputDevice"
>    Identifier "Mouse0"
>    Driver      "mouse"
>    Option     "Protocol" "Auto"
>    Option     "Emulate3Buttons"    ## if no switch under wheel
>    Option     "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>    Option     "Buttons" "5"
>    Option     "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

The thing is that the moused_ commands that are in the rc.conf seem not to
have any effect (even if I write them manually in the console). If I startx
the mouse pointer remains dead, it doesnt move. I have to 'moused -p
/dev/psm0 -t ps/2' in order to have it partially working (up and right
direction).

>  As a sanity check, what other devices are attached to the system?

I attach my dmesg log if there is anything there that can help.

--
acd1: DVD-R <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4160B> at ata1-slave PIO4
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad2s1a

When it arrives in the 'acd1: DVD..' line, it stops for a while (about 5
secs). Is it because it mounts the root  from ad2s1a or because of the dvd-r?
Or is it because of the error that I get later 'ad2: UDMA ICRC error reading
fsbn 0 (ad2 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0) retrying'?

Regards
--
NiKoS D.

> Nikolaos Damilakis wrote:
>> My mouse works fine under WinXP, AROS and linux-slackware. It's a DEXXA
>> Optical (I think its being made by Logitech) wih 3 buttons, wheel mouse.

>> ==
>>> dmesg | grep psm
>> psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
>> psm0: model 4d+ Mouse, device ID 8
>> ==

>> When I move the pointer to the left (even a pixel) it jumps to the far left
>> side of the screen, when I move it down, it jumps directly to the the
>> bottom. When I roll the wheel up or down it moves the pointer to the right
>> or the left slowly. The only directions of the mouse movement that work
>> fine are up and right. Even if I dont startx and I use the mouse (with
>> moused) in the console the behaviour is the same.Attachment:
DMESG.zip