Centrino support?

Johannes Hofmann Johannes.Hofmann at gmx.de
Fri Mar 4 07:11:13 PST 2005

Tsume <tsume at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello community,
>
> How is everyone feeling today?
> Am interesting question, Does DragonflyBSD support centrino?
>
> I'm talking about eXecution Bit protection, stepping technology, and other
> functions which the pentium M allows to save energy while providing decent
> speed to the end user. I've just ordered a Pentium M 1.7GHz and hopefully
> nothing goes wrong with my order. I'm hoping to install DragonFlyBSD on
> the laptop. Every piece of hardware should be compatible with a bit of OS
> modification(Intel Wireless 2200 built-in card).
>
> There is a project which supports my card. Maybe it would be easy to
> include in DragonFlyBSD.
> http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/

The ipw driver is running nicely under DragonFly on my Centrino thinkpad, see
http://www.ecademix.com/JohannesHofmann/#ipw

I also have a slightly hacked version of /usr/ports/sysutils/est and
/usr/ports/sysutils/estctrl to slow down the CPU if it is not needed.
Let me know, if you need the sources.

 Johannes