How to reinstall the loader?

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Fri Mar 4 06:05:06 PST 2005

Frank Denis (Jedi/Sector One) wrote:

  Hello.

  In order to perform some benchmarks, I tried to install FreeBSD 5.3 on a
spare partition of the same disk as my DragonFlyBSD partition.

*SNIP*

been installed both on the FreeBSD and on the DragonFlyBSD partition. The
data is still on the DragonFlyBSD partition, but I don't know how to boot it
now.
  Is there any way to reinstall the DragonFlyBSD loader? By chance, it is
possible to do it while running FreeBSD ?
  Best regards,

     -Frank.
See also "The DragonFly Booting Process" and "The MBR and Boot Stages
One, Two, and Three":

http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.php/DragonFly_Handbook/boot-blocks#The_MBR.2C_and_Boot_Stages_One.2C_Two.2C_and_Three

HTH,

Bill