dragonfly pdf documentation

Gabriel Ambuehl gaml at buz.ch
Tue Mar 29 11:29:26 PST 2005

Hummel Tom wrote:

>I've recently and frequently experienced data loss in ext3 and reiserfs
>produces many warnings when under load however less dataloss than ext3,
>and xfs is IMHO the only choice Linux users have.
>I don't know why... but that's my personal experience.

I second that. Trip over the powercord, lose data with reiser or ext3 up
to the point where the system won't boot anymore.
XFS just reboots, doesn't even need fsck and goes on.

As for UFS1, I only ever once got into trouble where I accidentally
power cycled a non soft updates system during make world. It wouldn't do
much useful after that.