stable GCC 3.4 configurations

Andreas Bartelt dragonflybsd at bartula.de
Tue Mar 22 14:15:43 PST 2005

Hi,

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 08:29:40PM +0100, Andreas Bartelt wrote:

I've testet building a gcc34 system on a Pentium 4 and on an Athlon PC
now. My /etc/make.conf looks like this on both PCs (no CPUTYPE flag):
# cat /etc/make.conf
CCVER= gcc34
CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe

We also don't really support > -O1 at the moment. We are walking on it,
but it takes time. It is very easy to trigger bad optimisations with
-O1.

-O0 solves the problem.

Just curious - are these problems, when gcc optimizations are enabled,
caused by gcc or by DFly bugs? How can critical parts in the code be
identified?

Thanks a lot for all replies,
Andreas