Emergency Editors (was Stabble Tag move)

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Tue Mar 15 00:32:57 PST 2005

At 10:55 PM +0100 3/14/05, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
Ok, I found it.

It sits safely in the Attic of FreeBSD CVS. The reason it was
removed was that at that time it was not yet under BSD license.
Later the author (Andrew Tannenbaum) changed the license to BSD,
but I was no longer actively involved in PicoBSD maintenance,
so it stayed there.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/release/picobsd/tinyware/mined/Attic

There are no external dependencies, the default terminal escapes
(cons25) are hardcoded.
Hmmm...  Well, if it's available with a BSD license, then we
might want it back in FreeBSD too.  I'll wait for your version
to settle down a bit, and then see about re-introducing it to
FreeBSD.  Maybe put it in /rescue (since our /bin is dynamically
linked).
--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at xxxxxxxxxxx